Do I Need To File An Application When I Turn 65 Or Is It Automatically Added?

The appraisal district can only automatically process the over 65 exemption if it has the appropriate documentation on hand.

Fort Bend CAD requires proof of age to grant an over 65 exemption.

Acceptable proof of age includes either a copy of the front side of your Texas driver’s license or Texas Identification card or a copy of your birth certificate.

It is always best to file an exemption application with the appropriate documents to ensure that the Over 65 exemption is processed.

Category: Homestead Exemption